Thursday, November 18, 2010

Joining the bloggers world...

When I created this blog, I was thinking, "Am I really joining the blogging world like others?". I like to read peoples' blogs, but not sure if I myself can be a blogger. But I guess why not? Maybe this blog could be a place for me to brainstorm, think out loud, share with others and just write anything I feel like expressing, especially things related to sewing... my obsession since about a year ago...

I've always loved sewing, but mostly it depends on my mood. But normally once I get started, it is difficult to stop... just like when I get started reading the twilight books... hehehe... But somehow since I got pregnant with my fourth child, I began to feel the madness of sewing. I started sewing using my own hands, making pencil case s for me and my daughter. Then I started borrowing my mom's Kenmore machine (which I bought for her during my studies in the US about 12 years back). That's when the madness began... I sew bags for myself and my girls, then a few for my sisters, then now I can't stop thinking about sewing.

But having a baby and 3 more kids to manage kinda limits my time to really sit, think and sew. Of course I have to plan what to sew... Hopefully I could attend sewing classes so that I can actually learn the proper skills and techniques to sew even the simplest things such as pencil case and tote bags. However, thanks to the wonders of Internet, I learn bit by bit from the free tutorials I found on the net.

Most of the products I have made were posted in my album in FB. Now maybe I can start sharing with others via this blog. But I'm not sure how frequent would I be posting things in this blog. We'll see...

Anyhow, I hope to inspire myself and others who share the same passion in sewing by sharing the knowledge and experiences in this blog!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the bloggers world and have great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks nykolett! Never thought anyone would actually read my blog since I never tell anyone about it.

    ReplyDelete